Real Estate Development
Contributing to the creation of attractive communities
We develop and own excellent leasing properties in prime locations, primarily in metropolitan areas. We adopt environmentally considerate technologies to enhance energy-saving performance and tenant comfort, providing safe and secure spaces to support tenant companies' business continuity.
In the urban redevelopment business, we are actively involved in the operation of large-scale projects, having accumulated extensive expertise from our experience in numerous projects as a project partner and specified agent.
- Net Sales
- Operating Income
Net Sales Transition (FY ended March 31)
JPY 44.5 bn
JPY 38.7 bn
JPY 47.0 bn
(Figure are as of March 31, 2018)
- Strengthen stable earnings base through further investment in the office leasing business (focusing on the key area of central Tokyo).
- Continue to develop business selling detached housing and condominiums located in the Tokyo metropolitan area and major cities in the Kansai region.
- Promote development of new rental housing, logistics facilities, and so forth to drive diversification of the leasing portfolio.
- Contribute to creation of a low-carbon society and sustainable communities by promoting environmentally responsible real estate development projects.
- Promote facility management leveraging innovation such as IoT and AI.
- Urban infrastructure renovation and development projects utilizing government programs such as National Strategic Special Zones and designated urgent urban renewal areas are underway, particularly in the Tokyo metropolitan and Kansai areas.
- Vacancy rates are currently low for A-grade office buildings in central Tokyo, but are expected to turn up around 2017 due to a large volume of new office supply from 2018 onwards.
- Posted prices pursuant to the Land Public Announcement Act in the three main metropolitan areas of Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya have risen for four straight years starting in 2014.
- With robust real estate investment needs and monetary policy further fueling real estate investment, conditions are likely to continue to support high real estate prices in the future.
In the leasing business, we will aggressively expand the office leasing business and diversify our real estate leasing portfolio, generating new leasing business earnings and reinforcing our earnings base. In office leasing, we will proactively invest in revenue-generating properties in areas where we are likely to remain competitive into the future, as well as participate in large-scale redevelopment and joint development projects.
We will also expand our business scope and variation by developing facilities for the leasing business other than office buildings, such as logistics facilities and rental housing, by utilizing the Group's property portfolio and participating in land readjustment projects.
In the housing business, Group company Obayashi-Shinseiwa Real Estate Corporation will continue to sell detached housing and condominiums located in urban areas of the Tokyo metropolitan area and major cities in the Kansai region. We will provide housing with value meeting diverse needs arising from changing lifestyles encouraging the creation of good communities that are safe and secure to live in, and we will work to develop smart cities that contribute to a low-carbon society with the aim of building sustainable communities.
Through our development projects and our support for promoting redevelopment projects, we will work to realize environmentally responsible development that fully utilizes our cutting-edge construction technology to reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
Through such initiatives, we will contribute to the creation of attractive communities and enhancement of business continuity, disaster prevention, and environmental functions in surrounding areas and overall regions.