We at Obayashi Corporation believe that given the significant increase in the use of personal information consequent to the development of the computer and information society, a commitment to the proper handling of personal information is a natural part of our corporate social responsibility.
- 1 Compliance with Laws and Social Mores
- We comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other social mores and the like.
- 2 Development, Implementation, and Continuous Improvement of Privacy Compliance Program
- We develop, implement, and continuously improve a Privacy Compliance Program in order to make each employee and officer aware of the importance of privacy, and ensure that they acquire, use, and manage personal information appropriately.
- 3 Appropriate Acquisition, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
- We acquire personal information fairly and in compliance with the law. We state the purpose of the use of personal information clearly, and use such information within the stated scope. We will never provide personal information to third parties without the express consent of the individual, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulations.
- 4 Ensuring the Accuracy and Security of Personal Information
- In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, we are committed to preventing the illicit access to personal information, as well as loss, corruption, tampering, leaking, or otherwise loss of integrity of personal information. To this end, we have always taken steps to manage personal information securely, including the creation of information security measures.
- 5 Respect for Rights of the Individual
- We respect the rights of the individual, and respond appropriately to any requests by individuals regarding their personal information, including disclosure, correction, and deletion, with reference to laws, customs, and the like.
Handling of Personal Information
- 1 Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- Before asking you to provide personal information, we state the purpose for which the information will be used. We only use personal information that you provide within the scope of the stated purpose. We will never use personal information outside of this scope without your express consent.
- 2 Provision of Personal Information
We may provide the personal information we receive from you to members of our corporate group, in order to achieve the stated purpose of use. We will never disclose this information to other third parties, with the exception of the following cases.
- A. You provide your express consent
- B. We contract the handling of personal information to an affiliate, partner, or vendor with which we have signed a confidentiality agreement pertaining to personal information, within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use which we have stated to you
- C. It is processed as statistical data in a state in which you cannot be identified personally
- D. We are legally required
- 3 Personal Information of Individuals below the Age of 16
- If you are under 16 years of age, you must have the permission of your parent or guardian before providing your personal information.
We utilize SSL on our website for site inquiries, requests for documents, and other forms. This protects the information that you enter on the form by encrypting it.
Please note that such forms will not be accessible in some cases, such as when you are using a browser that does not support SSL, or when using certain firewall settings.
Requests Relating to Personal Information
Contact for disclosure and other requests relating to personal information:
Shinagawa Intercity Tower B
2-15-2 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo