Obayashi Basic Principles
Obayashi's Vision and Mission in Society
A Leading Sustainability Company
- 1 Exercise honest craftsmanship with superior technologies and create new value in every space.
- 2 Care for the global environment and create solutions to social challenges as a good corporate citizen.
- 3 Value each person with a stake in our business.
By keeping these promises, Obayashi Corporation contributes to realizing a sustainable society.
Obayashi Code of Conduct
These guidelines help us realize the Obayashi Philosophy and continue being an enterprise trusted by all stakeholders
Fulfill our social mission
- (1) Provide high-quality buildings, infrastructure, and services
- We earn the trust of customers by providing safe, secure, high-quality buildings, infrastructure, and services, exercising honest craftsmanship, and employing innovative technologies.
- (2) Foster an environmentally responsible society
- We foster a sustainable society with a low carbon footprint, a commitment to recycling, and a deep respect for the natural world.
- (3) Value every one of our associates
- We ensure the health and safety of all employees and workers in a work environment where they can exercise their unique character and talents and feel motivated.
- (4) Build stronger mutual trust with suppliers
- We conduct fair transactions with suppliers and build stronger mutual trust with them as partners who can grow with us.
- (5) Build good relationships with communities
- We respect local cultures and customs wherever we work and promote harmony with society as a good corporate citizen.
Ensure strict adherence to corporate ethics
- (1) Comply with laws and regulations and take a sensible course of action
- We comply with laws and regulations and take a sensible course of action while striving to foster a strong awareness of ethics in each director and employee.
- (2) Promote fair and free competition
- We maintain and develop a sound market by promoting fair and free competition in accordance with antitrust laws and other relevant laws and regulations.
- (3) Maintain appropriate relationships with stakeholders
- We maintain appropriate relationships with all stakeholders, including politicians and government administrations, customers, shareholders, employees, business partners, and communities.
- (4) Avoid all contact with antisocial forces
- We resolutely avoid any contact or transactions with antisocial forces such as organized crime groups that disrupt social order and public safety.
- (5) Ensure appropriate information disclosure and transparency of management
- We ensure management transparency by actively and appropriately disclosing corporate information to the public.
Obayashi Three Pledges
The spirit that has guided us since our founding