We propose the shortest and the best planning from Site selection to the Operation Startup
Find suitable locations for the Data Center by utilizing Obayashi's network
Location Selection Requirements
Power supply must be available
- Ability to discuss with authority for EHV retraction（*）
*The timing of the EHV retraction should be discussed with the Electricity company.
Proximity and easy access to the downtown area
- High transmission speed
- Easily managed and operated
The location must be resistant to natural disaster
- Solid ground
- Low risk of tsunami/flood damage (Confirmation of hazard maps)
- Provide one-point service to meet the customer's requirements
- Provide prompt support to the management team by estimate, procurement, and construction teams
- Solve issues by forming alliances with highly specialized outside organizations
Speedily identify points of Data Center construction sites
Provide information to guide Land Purchase Decision -Making and Tenant Agreement Formation in early stage
Efficiently reflect requirement specification in planning, working together with design, construction, and cost divisions, based on the extensive experiences
Timely sharing of detailed design including separate construction coordination and neighborhood liaison, leading to contracts
Commissioning (Cx) policy
Commissioning is the process of documenting the building owner's performance requirements for building facilities and verifying that they are planned, designed, constructed, and operated according to those requirements.
In order to meet and facilitate the client's requirements for commissioning, the design team will work with the Cx agent during the design review to prepare Cx plans, verify drawings, and conduct technical reviews. Design team also participates in Cx meetings as needed to ensure the workflow and progress.
Level 0: Design Review＆Plan
Level 1: Factory Acceptance Tests
Level 2: QA/QC Installation
Level 3: Start UP Tests
Level 4: Functional Performance Tests
Level 5: IST: Integrated System Tests
Level 6: Acceptance＆Handover
Commissioning Management Visualization
Tag stickers can be affixed to equipment to verify progress easily.
Commissioning Team Organization
We believe that early and close collaboration with clients' commissioning agents is critical to the success of commissioning.
Approach to Commissioning(Cx) Planning
- Appoint and provide input to the Cx team in the early stages of the project.
- Develop Cx plan to support CxA and align design concept with schedule.
- Hold regular Cx meetings during the design phase.
- Hold weekely or bi-weekly Cx meetings during construction to discuss Cx implementation strategies.
Commissioning Process (scheule example)
*Commissioning schedule may change depending on the project plan and the overall schedule.
Implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- We will propose the most appropriate BIM implementation method based on the use and shape of the building and the client's requirements.
- We provide a BIM cloud that allows 3D models to be shared among related parties and access necessary information from anywhere in a timely manner.
Merit of BIM
- Share the completion image among the client, designer, and contractor to deepen communication.
- Easily perform preliminary confirmation of building functions and performance.
- Expedite decision-making.
- Can be powerful tools for efficient building management and maintenance.
One Model Style
- Obayashi's BIM is "One Model Style".
- One model is created and used in one file for all phases from design, construction, and operation.
- All information is consolidated and shared/updated by all members of the team to make the work more efficient.
- The BIM team proceeds according to the steps shown in the figure to facilitate the project.